- Alumni could be more likely to engage with other alums in similar situations, that group of engineers that didn’t run in the same circles as the ‘monied’ students.
- Most folks who angel invest made their money as entrepreneurs. That’s a nice correlation for an early stage investment fund, rather than a university donation.
- The alumni have the goal of a return, and if a company from their alma mater succeeds, it’s better for their own career.
- Profits of the fund could be donated in part to the University involved.
- Alumni will receive positive engagement with interesting companies as the fund progresses, and that effect could bring on the affiliation they may lack.
– Shereen Shermak, CEO